Good Music We Can Know

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Tonight in the Explorers Room: Creazioni Artistiche Musicali (Phantasms & Twists in the CAM Music Library)


Tonight in the Room we'll restrict our ears to hearing only library mindbenders and soundtrack jazz & twist produced for the prolific Italian CAM label. With a particular emphasis on two special synthi boys, Marcello Giombini and Jean-Pierre Decerf. Also making appearances: some usual suspects (Piero Umiliani, Stelvio Cipriani, Piero Piccioni) and some lesser-knowns as well (The Fine Machine, Giampiero Boneschi, and Lamartine).  Tune in, get your library card, and get ready for some weird stuff.

2 comments:

Mateo Sanboval said...

I just listened to Giombini's Overground and Synthomani yesterday morning. Such an interesting artist. I just came across a weird 80's side project/record he did under the moniker, K.Byte. Cool stuff.

Flash Strap said...

I'd love to hear that, I've never seen it before. He's really good... tonight I'll play some of his earliest stuff, alongside Overground and Synthomania. My favorite of his that I've heard came from that Mondial Folk Synthesizer series, although I've only heard vol. 3, which is amazing