Good Music We Can Know

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Tonight in the Explorers Room: Bahama Boat


Tonight in the Explorers Room, we'll be listening to music from the Bahamas, and music about boats.  I recently moved to Bahama, North Carolina, into an old house that's rickety and crooked and wood-paneled in a way that frequently makes me think of it as an old riverboat or clipper ship or something.  Obviously, it's not a boat which can travel, it's a mostly stationary house; and I don't live in the beautiful Bahamas, I just live in Bahama (pronounced, tragically enough, Ba-hay-ma) in a doomed state in a doomed nation, but it's the fantasy space bridging these concepts that is the lifeblood of the exotic, and anyway, I like songs about boats and I like Bahamian music, so let's just roll with it and see what happens.  Tonight!

No comments: