Good Music We Can Know

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Exotica Emergency: Tak Shindo's Mganga at Basic Hip Digital Oddio


For years, as far as I know, there has only been a pretty weak rip of Tak Shindo's outrageous and awesome Mganga! floating about, at 160kbps with tons of junky digital artifacts.  Just the other day, a really glorious sounding 320 vinyl rip popped up over at Basic Hip Digital Oddio.  Run like the wind and get it now! All the links over there live for only one week, so time is of the essence! That is, unless you make a donation and gain access to the full archives, which I actually did, and found it pretty damn well worth it, because there's tons of great stuff there including lots of exotica.  There's a new album every day, so stay on top of that spot and don't miss a trick.

GO NOW

13 comments:

Hyde said...

whoa, thanks for the tip!

Doug S. said...

Thank you Flash Strap! I am thrilled to replace my shitty copy of this sublime document!

Anonymous said...

Heh. It was finding Tak on basic hip that led me to search for more and (finally) brought me here for the first time yesterday.

Thank you for your wonderful blog; it is obviously a labor of love.

-Xtm

Mischa said...

Thanx for the tip ! Wow ! Lots of goodies over there !
Kind regards,
Mischa from Amsterdam.

Gotholia said...

Wow, many thanks brother! May the gods of Exotica help you always find the right track..

Lone Wolf said...

If anyone is interested, I can post a link to a great lossless FLAC recording of MGANGA, from the TikiTune private CD pressing.

Flash Strap said...

Please do! Thank you Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf said...

Will do. The CD pressing was made from an LP, but it's an extremely clean copy AND it's in glorious STEREO!

Flash Strap said...

Oh my god, Stereo! Really? Mganga in stereo is insanely rare. I have a Tak Shindo-heavy radio show tonight, if you can get this to me today, I'll play it on air with great relish!

David said...

Thanks for all your work. My computer died and I lost a bit of the Flash Strap mixes. Do you have a link for EXOTISTE VOL. 1 anymore? Thanks for all the great music and artwork.

Flash Strap said...

It's still alive right here, david!::: http://flashstrap.blogspot.com/2010/12/exotica-for-new-year-flash-strap.html

David said...

Thanks!!!

Lone Wolf said...

Hey gang,

If anyone is interested in a really good LP rip of Tak Shindo's "MGANGA!", in stereo, head here:
https://www.filefactory.com/file/1ag8ecirejcf/TkS-MG-FLC.zip (160MB FLAC)

pass: krok

Enjoy!