Good Music We Can Know

Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Bevy of Duo Ouro Negro Singles and EPs, A Godsend


I've expressed to you in the past my love for the brilliant and beautiful Angolan musical duo, Duo Ouro Negro.  I've recommended the superb shares to be found over at the old Ghostcapital (by the way, you should hit up his new site if you haven't) and I've shared a couple additional LPs over a year ago, Mulowa Afrika and the beyond-excellent Blackground .  Apparently those latter shares, sent to me by a friend with the hope that I would disseminate them, were the subject of some distress for a fellow blogger (and the original ripper I presume), who-- as courteously as he could, under the circumstances-- alerted me to his desire to receive some credit for his own posts.  Indeed: fair enough.

Only too happy to oblige (and as balefully remorseful for my unintentional transgressions as any man can be), I trotted over to his site to check the link to the source and see what in fact was what.  To my thorough surprise and delight, I discovered there a treasure chest of Duo Ouro Negro singles and EPs.  I, for one, had never seen them anywhere else before, and while there is some considerable inevitable overlap with various LP tracks from the period, there's also a wealth of material that was brand new to my ears.  Such a thing is good indeed.

I urge you to do the right thing for your life and your summer, and head over to Musica dos Anos 60 and scope the Angola section, brimming with wonders such as these (from the Duo) and many more besides.  Don't forget to thank our mutual benefactors while you're there.










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh snip snap! Angolan Christmas is comin' early this year! Thanks bro,

Mo.

Spartacus Meatyard said...

oh my God. You have just done me the biggest favour. THANK YOU!

Patrick Power said...

amaze. keep em coming.

does the power that is behind flash strap have an email?

Flash Strap said...

If you drop a comment with your email address-- I won't publish it-- I'll email you.

Irma said...

This is cool!

nicholab said...

OH YES! Thanks a million, Mr Flash. Very nice to see you, btw.

Flash Strap said...

Nice to see you too, sir. Always a pleasure of the highest order.