Good Music We Can Know

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Cumberland County Mean Gang: Crashing Waves


I present to you the new Mean Gang full-length, Crashing Waves.  A classically psychedelic travelogue with shades of Tangerine Dream, Joseph Conrad, and Werner Herzog's Cobra Verde.  Exotic-leaning and Krautrock-informed.  A journey– o'er oceans, deserts, jungles, air&space, and upriver. Down into the blinding light, backwards into the dark places.


  

I myself am a Gang member (full-disclosure and just-so-you-know), and I am very pleased to share this thing with you.  If you tend to enjoy visiting me at this spot, if it pleases you to partake of the treasures presented here, there's a pretty solid chance you'll take some pleasure in this thing, too.  Try it out.  If you're feeling generous, you could even let it blow your mind.

We've put it up on Bandcamp, to make it possible for listeners to give us some money, if they want.  That could mean you, but it doesn't have to.  The price is "name-your-price," which means it's free if you like (just enter "0").  Don't be shy about snagging it for free-- if you want to help support a wild gang of experimentalist explorers, then throw us a dollar or ten-- but what we really want is for folks to listen to it. I just want you guys to hear it, man.

If all that hullabaloo sounds like a bunch of malarky to you, and contrary to the bloggin' spirit, then I have a solution for that as well.  I'll also upload a rip and link to it from here.  But you'll have to go to the bandcamp site to get flac or whatever advanced formats you might prefer.

Go on this journey, amigos.

CRASHING WAVES

12 comments:

Treeline said...

Really enjoying this, can't tell if it goes best with the snow currently outside or with the night+heating inside..great trip, which isn't at all surprising.

Anonymous said...

in thanks, i appeal to you to do the same for me...

http://seafreezing.bandcamp.com/

five different singles released. random experimentations within the sonic spectrum. i operate the left side of the stage (stage left, that is).

burntoutsavannahs said...

so omgz. love the fuck out of yr album friend. i love those kosmische synths rubbing up against those goblin sensibilities. honestly can not say enough good things about yr album. seriously dude, just wow. my mind was definitely blown!

Zen said...

Really diggin' it. Expect to see this in the Arcade some time in the future.

Holly said...

Oh, congratulations, flash! I look forward to curling up with this, soon, one of these fine wintry evenings.

DrosefChronRad said...

Ooh this is real nice. gonna throw this on the tape deck for the next spliffed out mexico surfari

R o h a n said...

I've given your album a couple of spins, and I rather dig it. Great sound and I like the way the artwork kind of sets the scene before you've even hit play. When 'Abduction' kicked in I was reminded of Mark Mothersbaugh's work on The Life Aquatic soundtrack (in a good way). Keep up the fine work.

Flash Strap said...

I humbly thank you all for the generosity of your ears and your words. I mean, just, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Downloading as I write. I've been visiting your blog for close to two years now, picking up a lot of interesting things along the way. Looking forward to listening. Many thanks.

-Brian

Letters of Utrecht said...

First comment from me... I concur with the above sentiments while adding little of my own, except to say this album is excellent!

Anonymous said...

Flash, you intrigue me. This is great! I listened to the whole album yesterday. Thanks for this.:)

O

Flash Strap said...

I am intrigued, in turn, by you, friend. Thank you for the generosity of your ears and time.