Good Music We Can Know

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Always in My Heart: Trio Los Panchos- The Music of Ernesto Lecuona (19??)



I've made it clear my passion for the compositions of Ernesto Lecuona, so it should be no surprise that I love this record. Trio Los Panchos weave an achingly gorgeous, classically romantic, sun-dappled Latin dream with shimmering guitars and floating harmonies. All compositions are vocal versions of Lecuona pieces. This is an endlessly pleasant record to have-- highly recommended. All the songs are wonderful, just grand.

You may have heard one of the tracks, "Canto Karabali", on the first Jungle Shadows comp, if that helps.

And on a related note, does anyone know of a good collection of older Lecuona compositions, preferably recorded by him?

TRIO LOS PANCHOS (128)

4 comments:

El Yerbero said...

I'm really pleased I stumbled upon this blog. This album is fantastic! Thanks for this and the other beauties!

Unknown said...

Link doesn't work :-(

Anonymous said...

Could you please re-up this one ?
I love trio los panchos...:-)
Kind regards & thanx for all the other beauties you're sharing here !!!
Mischa.

Flash Strap said...

Re-upped. Wish it were a better quality rip, but alas