Good Music We Can Know

Friday, February 24, 2012

Jungle Birds, Jungle Drums: Tito Puente- Tambo (1960), Top Percussion (1957)


For anyone who's lovin' the recently-posted Sabu Safari, this will knock your socks off as well. Safari yourself on over to Orgy in Rhythm and pick up this Afro-Cuban/Exotica mindblower (in 320) and play it back-to-back with Sabu. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how great Tito Puente is, but allow me to insist upon the unassailable majesty of Tambo. Amazing stuff.

*Update: So of course Bacosco's link is dead, I was foolish to ever think otherwise. Apologies! What's worse, I don't even have a copy of his certain-to-be-superior 320 rip. All I'm holding is a not-terrible 160 rip, and I've upped a link to that. If anyone can improve on this, let me know. Grab this record here or elsewhere, and you can still pay Orgy in Rhythm a visit for more info on the record.

TAMBO


In order to sweeten this now sadly somewhat soured pot, I've tacked on another Tito Puente exotic blowout, Top Percussion. Not quite as awesome as Tambo, this is still excellent stuff, with more than enough chants and vocalizations to satisfy any desire for such sounds. Blistering percussion, as might be expected. Also, this is a decent rip, so have no fear.

Again, Bacosco has the skinny on this one, so check out more info here.

TOP PERCUSSION

6 comments:

Feq'wah said...

Yep, interested in this one.
But the link goes to a post from 2007, and Bacoso isn't someone who's known to re-up previous material...

Flash Strap said...

That's a great point. I don't know why, I was sure that link was still live...

Now that I look, I don't even have that rip- his would be a big brash 320 and mine is a mere 160. Damn it all! I'll up a link, though.

Feq'wah said...

Damn it all, but thank you though :)

Your Pal Doug said...

These make me happy.
Thanks!

Calamity Annie said...

Been catchin' up all weekend after a little while away, and wanted to say thanks for so much lush, weird, funky, slinky, deluxe music!

Flash Strap said...

Glad you're diggin it, Annie. Thank you for saying so.

Thanks for dropping in, Doug!