Good Music We Can Know

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Ever-Throbbing Drums: Safari With Sabu- Sabu Martinez (1957)


This is not the hardest or rarest thing to find in the blogworld, so I'm gonna keep it brief. I just wanted to make sure everybody got a chance to know how good this is. Anyone who's heard Sorcery! (previously made mention of at this spot, here) knows how massive a Sabu Martinez session gets, and how gnarly and awe-inspiring his brand of Exotica/Afro-Latin jazz can be. This album is easily on the level of Sorcery! It is therefore, essential, so I recommend it in the highest fashion.

Check out the back cover notes over at Orgy in Rhythm, then thank him for rebirthing this monster into the world. His link is no longer hot, but it was the original, and for that I call him a hero.

I'm serious. This is enormous. God-sized jungle visions, scorching the earth in dark green fire. A headlong tumble into the witchdoctor dimension, eating a tiger's soul. Exotica Jazz Masterpiece.

SAFARI (320)

If you don't have Sorcery!, then get it you fool!

3 comments:

burntoutsavannahs said...

thank you for this. genuinely, yr a wonderful human being. thank you for shining some light on records i would never have thought of checking out before.

Flash Strap said...

Glad you like this one. I gotta thank you again for putting Shin Joong Hyun back in my mind! J Blues and I Don't Like are huge. Constant rotation.

Thanks for checkin shit out and droppin comments, fellow.

GuillermoBlogeado said...

thanks a lot! I was after this masterpiece!! thanks for quality as well... u r a star