Good Music We Can Know

Friday, July 29, 2011

Human Music In A State of Rapturous Perfection: Duo Ouro Negro (com Sivuca)- Africanissimo (1959)


I just want everyone to know: This is probably the best shit you could be doing with your ears. Utterly phenomenal Angolan vocal pop group, courtesy of the immeasurably valuable blog Ghostcapital. I know this group is one of his pet favorites, and it's some of the best stuff I've ever heard, so I just feel the need to jump on this little bandwagon and steer anybody uninitiated to the ways of Duo Ouro Negro towards the light. I know a lot of you have probably grabbed this by now (either from the Ghost or over at Holy warbles), but for those who haven't, get on over to Ghostcapital and grab his dazzling 320 rip. There's more of the Duo there, too, if you want it. Highest possible recommendation.

AFRICANISSIMO

1 comment:

nicholab said...

yeah, buddy! forever and ever with these dudes....