Good Music We Can Know

Monday, June 27, 2011

Kosmische Walkabout Music: Dieter Schütz- Voyage (1985)


Here we have a fantastic bit of Safari Synth Adventure Music: Dieter Schütz's Voyage. Somewhere between the krautrock space floats of Cluster and Roedelius' Durch Die Wüste, the synth-rock of Tangerine Dream or someone sort of kookier like Tony Carey, and a kind of New Age warmth, this record wants to be in your life. It can improve your life if you will just let it. It's super fun, exotica-kraut walkabout music; if you like Sven Libaek and Oxygene at the same time, this will be perfect for your next Serengeti stoned-walk. I'm not really doing it justice right now-- I'm on vacation, you guys-- but it's really perfect and great. You need it so bad.

I got it here, by the way, at Panorama Patchwork. Go there and get it yourselves- the link is in the text where it says Exotic Nights.

***And now Panorama Patchwork seems to have been "removed". What the hell happened? He played by the rules over there, if I recall. Dammit, I liked him!

So I'm putting up a link for Voyage, but I don't like that I have to do it. 320.

VOYAGE



Also, you may have noticed I screwed around with the design of the place. What do you all think? Can you live with it? Let me know if it's too hard to read, or distracting, or whatever else. Also feel free to say it is fine.

6 comments:

øשlqæda said...

aye fer one dig the mantaquatic theme, friend. everything sounds better underwater

Anonymous said...

this is fantastic.. thankyou. new design looks great too. cs

Flash Strap said...

Thanks for sayin' so, friends.

H.K said...

thanks for this one!

Anonymous said...

Excellent stuff, thank you.

vorbis said...

extremely rad and sublime offering here