Good Music We Can Know

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Exotic Triptych: Martin Denny- Exotica Vols. I, II, & III (1957, 58, 59)


In order to properly finish what a previous post had started, here's the three Exotica records. Here, Denny issues his Tiki Manifesto, taking what Les Baxter had previously invented for the vast lushness of the orchestra, and scaling it down to a small jazz combo... thus creating arguably the most archetypal and influential work of the genre. This is essential stuff, so grab it, fellows.




Vol. I

Vol. II

Vol. III

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing there great Martin Denny recordings. I have been a fan of his,ever since I first heard his recording of Quiet Village, back in 1962.

Steve said...

Any chance of an upload of A Taste of Honey? I only have a poor quality vinyl rip. Love your blog! Thanks for the education. -Steve

Muffin said...

Thanks a million! Great stuff.

Guitarradeplastico your favorite musician said...

many thanks

E T H I C S said...

Thank You!!! These albums came into my work, but I passed them by ...only to regret it. Now, at least I have a digital version