Good Music We Can Know

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Howling in the Jungle, Hungry for Drums: Sabu and His Jungle Percussionists- Jungle Percussion (196?)


I don't know much of anything about this one. I got it over at Orgy in Rhythm (a great blog, one of the best) a while back, and even he doesn't have a lot of info on this record. But straight to hell with knowledge, when we have sounds like these to fill the void!

This is a bunch of Afro and/or Latin drum jams bursting at the seams with chants and call-and-response. I don't know about you and I don't know who you are, but I'm always in the market for a record that promises to offer nothing more than drums and pseudo-ethno-vocalizations, with no distractions. But I am a man of particular tastes.

Jungle Percussion! 320

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its funny that you can go from julie london to sun city girls insanity to a studio library drum record, but it makes sense. its all like evocative music that most people have forgotten or never knew. i like the parallels you are drawing is what im trying to say.

-RL